Latest News

Voice of the People: Life and Style Union Interviews GoodGirlPR's Sosh Bacardi

Monday, August 3, 2009 , Posted by Ashleigh Fitzwilliam, CEO and Founder at 12:52 PM

For all of you who are not familiar with this face, I introduce to you, Sosh B., a talented young man and professional rap artist, seeking to marvel the hiphop generation with his lyrical genius. Born and raised in Southside Jamaica Queens, New York, Sosh B. experienced firsthand the pangs of "hood life," drugs and crime being the backdrop of his childhood environment. Yet, he sought to rise above the status quo, and come out a victorious product of his rough beginnings. His originality and slick lyrical style is real, truely adding a fresh concept to the rap game. This
afternoon, I spoke with Sosh B., to hear his story (not from a secondary source), as well as to get his take on the world of 21st century hip-hop. Take a look at the interview.

Ashleigh:

At what age did you develop fondness for hip-hop?

Sosh B:
I was in baisely park in South Jamaica, Queens and I fell in love with hip hop when I heard "aint no half steppin " by BIG DADDY KANE (park jam). The song gave me chills as I listened to it.
Ashleigh:
In your biography, there is a line most interesting and a cause for
insight “Sosh is the product of the 80s drug-infested ghetto…” – how has your childhood experience, growing up in this seemingly abrasive environment,molded your musical talent? Impacted you as a professional artist?
Sosh B:
I grew up in South Jamaica when the concrete was covered with crack viles and gun shells. People that were "real"close to me ruined their lives by using and selling drugs and that environment molded me into a vivid lyricist.I use my personal experiences in my raps to let people into my world. That era made me into a no nonsense type of individual.
Ashleigh:
Sosh B., your name is really unique. Is there any meaning behind it?
Sosh B:
Yeah Sosh means "So Original So Hood." And its a childhood name that my homie gave to me growing up. I just put my own twist on it. And the "B" stands for bacardi cuz I spit that 151 proof flow. Ya diggggg! (laughing)
Ashleigh:
What record label are you signed to, if any?
Sosh B:
I'm currently working with Versatile Records and we are doing big things. They are pushing me heavy in the streets. I'm their biggest investment and we are about to make the majors come to us with the big money.
Ashleigh:
In your song “Comfortable,” you say “I could smell it, I could tell it’s coming around, don’t be jealous, I got patience, n***** is over-zealous,trying to fly high in a chopper with no propellers.” This verse essentially highlights the universal motto: “Good things come to those who wait.” How long have you been “waiting” to make your big entrance into the mainstream hip-hop world?
Sosh B:
I've been waiting over ten years so I'm the definition of patience is a virtue. I feel I'm currently in a great situation and my time is NOW.
Ashleigh:
For this song “Comfortable,” was there a particular reason why you chose Drake’s track sound “Successful?”
Sosh B:
The main reason was its just a hot track and I wanted to put a spin on it and let people know I can spit with the best of em. And I think I did a
good job at ripping that track to shreds. Tell Drake that track is mine now (laughing.)

Ashleigh:
It is safe to say that you are an “80s baby.” From what you can recall about the rap scene in hip-hop’s golden era, from your perspective how has rap music changed from the 80s to the new millennium 2009?
Sosh B:
In the 80's I was a youngin but the music made me feel good and there was always a message in the lyrics. The 90's was when I knew I wanted to do music, it was so inspirational. I just wanted to freestyle on the corner every night when I heard Wu Tang.However, now the music has changed to more of a business and the creativity is lost in the source. As long as you have a dance to go with ya song there is a chance you will get a deal. And we don't dance in NY like that, we two step unless you're from Harlem. But I'm not knocking the hustle because I am still trying to get my piece of the pie.
Ashleigh:
Have you worked with any artist recognized in today’s mainstream hip-hop community? Who are they?
Sosh B:
Yes, I worked with Grafh, Lil Flip, DJ Envy and my homie Busta Rhymes.

Ashleigh:
In one word, define yourself as an artist.

Sosh B:
Phenom!!!!
Ashleigh:
What can we, avid hip-hop listeners, expect to hear from you in the future
as far as tracks and possible collaborations?

Sosh B:
Well,I have a mixtape out now hosted by DJ Envy and we will be working with Green Latern in the near future. And hopefully a collabo with Red Cafe.
Ashleigh:
What message have you delivered/hope to deliver to today’s youth
population- to Angela who sits up at night in the shelter, writing lyrics compulsively on a few scraps of paper…to Raheem who walks up and down the isles on NYC trains, with a box of candy in his hands, hoping to get enough money tobuy a descent outfit for a hip-hop showcase?

Sosh B:
I would have to say I have been in their shoes a million times over.Do not stop grinding and forcing people to listen to your music. If I haven't stopped and I have gradually gained success they can do the same, if not better. So I repeat do not stop grinding and stay focus.. See it before it happens..make it a reality! One love homies
Ashleigh:
Thank you so much Sosh B. for sharing your story with Life and StyleUnion. Best wishes of success to you.

Sosh B:
Thank you Ashleigh.


Ladies and gentlemen, log on to http://www.soshb.com/ to gain more info about this talented new star.


Also don't forget to show your support and love for Sosh B, by visiting his social networking page @ Www.myspace.com/soshbcardi


Currently have 0 comments:

Leave a Reply

Post a Comment