Latest News

Voice of the People: Fitness Adonis Petr Prielozny...Get a Load On His Workout Regimen

Monday, August 24, 2009 , Posted by Ashleigh Fitzwilliam, CEO and Founder at 6:45 PM

Let’s drop our dumbbells and water bottles, and give a round of applause to Petr Prierlozny, NYC’s junior bodybuilding champion, strongman competitor, sports model and renown fitness trainer. Straight from the Czech Republic, Prielozny has made his stamp on American soil, taking the health and fitness industry by storm. Ladies enjoy the view, gentlemen take note, as Life and Style Union grants exclusive access to Czech and NYC adonis, Petr Prielozny. Welcome to Life and Style Union Petr. LSU hopes you can give us a full scope on how you achieved your Greek-warrior physique, as well as how you managed to voyage beyond European soil, and claim your piece of the American pie, at such a young age- 22, had to shout you out (smiling)! Let’s begin…

Ashleigh:
Petr, when did you come to America, and what did you desire to do once you got there?

Petr:
I arrived in the USA in January 09 with one single goal. Live an American dream. American dream for me means that I wanted to win bodybuilding contests, become a known fitness model and also try some acting jobs.

Ashleigh:
How was your transition from the Czech Republic to the United States?

Petr:
I was getting reading for this transition over two years so I knew I had to keep a strong mind. It’s not easy to leave your family and all your friends and begin in a totallynew world for you, using second language, getting new job, preparing for contest alone.

Ashleigh:
Who and/or what inspired you to become a body builder?

Petr:
As a teenager I loved watching the movies with Arnold Schwarzenegger who was best bodybuilding in 80'. I got very inspired with his physique but also with his story and straight going mind. I realized I am similar and every goal I want achieve I really achieve.



Ashleigh:
What are the most pertinent elements to maintaining your physique?

Petr:
The most important factors in bodybuilders life are correct nutrition, hard workout and strong dedication. Nutrition for ripped body, workout for muscle mass and dedication for keeping both previous factors on 100%.

Ashleigh:
In the junior body building championship, based on what criterion do the judges derive at the championship winner?

Petr:
I would like to correct you, by age I am still junior but I am already competing in adult men divisions to make it harder for me. The judges watch for several things: muscle separation, condition, symmetry, vascularity, presentation on stage, posing, charisma.If you have all this, you can fight and win against more massive guys.

Ashleigh:
Considering how competitive the fitness industry is, how do you keep your body intact?

Petr:
I am very scared of any injury because it would slow or stop my sport career so I have to be very careful. Honestly I skip all other sports to prevent injury, also stretching and warm up before each workout is very important so your muscles get ready for hard work.

Ashleigh:
In your experience, have you encountered individuals who used anabolic and synthetic steroids?

Petr:
I must say for protection of bodybuilding that anabolic steroids are necessary part of bodybuilding preparation. Top bodybuilders use this pharmaceutics for preventing the joint, muscle injuries. But this is in every high level sport. The public want to see best results, faster sprinters, stronger power lifters, taller basketball players and also more massive bodybuilders. The point is it’s their profession. If they don’t succeed they don’t earn money for bills, family etc. If you are high level sportsmen and it’s your profession, you have to be the best.

Ashleigh:
Have you ever used performance enhancers during the course of your fitness career?

Petr:
I compete on high level of bodybuilding and this is nesseccary part of sport on high level.

Ashleigh:
Have you ever been pressured to use these steroids?

Petr:
I would never do anything under the pressure of anybody else. All I do is my own desicions and I am the only one responsible for them.

Ashleigh:
Have you had plastic-surgery to sculpt your body?

Petr:
No, I never had plastic surgery to sculpt my body but its great compliment from you. (laugh). Every detail on my body is hours and hours of big dedication,determination and hard work.

Ashleigh:
Before entering the bodybuilding competition, does each competitor undergo heavy screening for drugs, steroids, etc?

Petr:
There is many different federations on the world. Some of them does drug testing, some of them doesnt test. My own opinion is there should be only non testing federations because all high sport is about great results and every competitor is responsible for himself.

Ashleigh:
How many times does a competitor undergo screening processes?

Petr:
If you are in tested organization, it depends on level you are. Some competitors are tester once a year, some of them are tested once in 2 months. Tests are quite expensive so its not as easy to afford too much test.

Ashleigh:
For LSU readers who trying to lose weight and maintain their newfounded physiques, what fitness 101 can you share with them?

Petr:
Keep correct diet, its all about caloric intake. Count how many calories a day you eat and then you know this is your day limit. You should stay under your limit. If you add enough of sport activites you will get first results very fast.

Ashleigh:
A normal day of fitness training consists of…

Petr:
Depending on your level, you should do 60 minutes wourkout in the gym, then about 20-40 minutes of cardion. 3-4 times a week and you will be in great shape.



Ashleigh:
When did you decide to pursue sports modeling?

Petr:
Sport modeling is just a "side girl'' for me.. Bodybuilding gives me good looking physique and my face isnt bad as well. Since I heard i should try it, I did it and got great results.I am covered with several best US agencies all over the states. I have exclusive contracts and I shoot with industry hottest photographers.

Ashleigh:
Are you signed to any agencies? If so, which agencies?

Petr:
For east coast I have three agencies, Silver Models (NY area), NorthAmericanBodies (NY, FL) and All American Guys ( FL and whole East coast).For west coast I have only one but the best agency with best mananger. It is NorCalBodz and I am proud to represent them.

Ashleigh:
As a strong man competitor, what type of physical training did you do to prepare for the competition? Is it less, the same, or more intense than the training done for the bodybuilding championship?

Petr:
Well, I always tried strongman competitions just for fun again only as a "side girl''. I didnt change to preparation, I am naturaly very strong and with bodybuilding training I get even stronger. But you are right, if I would decide to fully focuse on strongman competitions, then I would have to change the workout and preparation totally.

Ashleigh:
What feats did you perform during the strong man competition?

Petr:
Since this were an amateur contests, we had less disciplines. Tire flips (550lbs tire) I fliped it 16 times in 2 minutes.Car pulling ( 2500lbs) 60 meters in 30 secondsRun with dumbbells (150lbs dumbbells).

Ashleigh:
Did you win the competition? If not, why?

Petr:
I win in my sport, I didnt win in different sport. I placed 13th from 30 adult guys. I was 19 years old.

Ashleigh:
What advice can you give readers all around the globe, who want to pursue fitness careers?

Petr:
Its not easy to be succesfull in fitness industry, but if you trust in yourself, just try it and do your best. Thank you Ashleigh for [this] interview with me.

Ashleigh:
Pleasure having you on Life and Style Union Prielozny, to share your story with us, with integrity and truth. Many can learn from your example in more ways than one.

Currently have 1 comments:

  1. It was a good article with info I hadn't known about you.

    Your teen strongman accomplishments, coupled with your recent bodybuilding success, indicate a good capacity for muscular size. This should allow you ample opportunities in advanced bodybuilding competitions.

    I think you'll find yourself successful in bodybuilding & modeling.

Leave a Reply

Post a Comment