Latest News

Ask Eternity: Can Highschool Love Last?

Monday, August 3, 2009 , Posted by Ashleigh Fitzwilliam, CEO and Founder at 12:32 PM


Hey people! I already have one letter to broadcast, (with the permission of the writer) on today's "Ask Eternity" segment. Great news right? Well, this letter voices the concern of a young lady approaching her senior year of highschool, who is actively involved in a serious relationship. Read on...
Dear Eternity,
My boyfriend and I have been dating for 10 months and I want us to last. I love him with all my heart, and I know he loves me, too. Sometimes I feel that we are too young to be in a serious relationship, even though I want that with him. Next year is our last year of high school, and I don't want us to grow apart because we want the experience of being with other people. I talked to him about this, and he said he doesn't want that to happen either. What should we do?

Sincerely,
Concerned.

Dear Concerned,

Long-distance relationships can be challenging for some and fruitful for others. You need to be aware that your partner cannot physically be there for you all the time, therefore you need to develop your sense of independence. The first step is to know what you both want, and to continually check in and be honest with each other if what you want changes. If you want a future together, then you will need to co-create a vision of the future together and come up with specific ways to stay connected. Sit down and figure out how often you two need to see, speak and write to each other to keep the connection alive -- and what activities will help you to grow closer. It is a good idea to take a class in communication and connection so that you learn to open up honestly and respectfully and you can solve any issues that might arise. You also need to balance your relationship time with your social life. College is a time to explore who you are in this world, and you want to make sure that your relationship uplifts and promotes that exploration. As you grow, stay connected to your partner and let him know how you are changing and developing so that you grow together. I hope this helps you out Concerned.

Sincerely,

Eternity

Currently have 0 comments:

Leave a Reply

Post a Comment